Through the Harley-Davidson Rider-to-Rider Financing Program, financing is available to qualified individuals who are buying a used motorcycle from a private party. Your local participating Harley-Davidson® dealer can help you obtain financing and give you peace of mind knowing experts are involved in your sale.
PRIVATE PARTY FINANCING
Through the Harley-Davidson Rider-to-Rider Financing Program*, financing is available to qualified individuals who are buying a used motorcycle from a private party. Your local participating Harley-Davidson® dealer can help you obtain financing and give you peace of mind knowing Harley-Davidson experts are involved in your sale.
BENEFITS FOR THE BUYER
- Competitive financing rates and terms available
- All buyers considered
- Ability to include additional Harley-Davidson® branded products and services (Harley-Davidson® Extended Service Plan, Parts & Accessories, Harley-Davidson® MotorClothes® Accessories) only available at your Harley-Davidson® dealership to the amount financed
- Opportunity to have the bike inspected and receive a maintenance check prior to purchase
BENEFITS FOR THE SELLER
- Expand the pool of potential buyers for your motorcycle by offering them a financing option to help complete the sale
- Let the H-D® dealer quickly and easily handle the processing of all paperwork (e.g. title transfer, bill of sale, loan contract, etc.) and applicable factory warranties, plus assist you with your current loan payoff (if applicable)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO AS THE BUYER?
- Complete the ESB ONLINE CREDIT APPLICATION.
- Go to your local Harley-Davidson® dealership.
- Once the credit application has been approved, the dealership will visually inspect the motorcycle, verify all paperwork is completed correctly, and ensure (if applicable) all factory warranties are properly transferred.
- To complete the sale you need to provide:
- Valid state or federal government photo identification
- Proof of physical damage insurance (your Harley-Davidson® dealership can help you acquire insurance if needed)
- Down payment via cash, check or credit card
- You may also need to provide:
- Proof of income (e.g. W2 or current paycheck stub)
- Proof of residence (e.g. utility bill, mortgage loan statement)
- Take delivery of your motorcycle.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO AS THE SELLER?
- Call your local Harley-Davidson® dealer to discuss how the H-D Rider-to-Rider Financing Program can help you (use the dealer locator to find the H-D® dealer nearest to you).
- Let your buyer know that competitive financing rates and terms are available to them through your local Harley-Davidson® dealer.
- Recommend your buyer complete the ONLINE CREDIT APPLICATION.
- Bring the motorcycle being sold to your local H-D® dealer along with your valid identification, title and/or current loan information. (If you have a joint loan account both account holders must be present or a notarized release from parties not present providing permission to sell must be presented at time of transaction).
- Once your buyer's credit application has been approved, the dealership will visually inspect the motorcycle, verify all paperwork is completed correctly, and ensure (if applicable) all factory warranties are properly transferred.
- Confirm delivery of bike to your buyer.
- Receive a check from the H-D® dealership for the sale of your motorcycle.